St. Thomas hospital has the state of the art Biomedical Equipments and it is managed by the biomedical department with the support of qualified biomedical engineering staff. The Biomedical department of the St. Thomas Hospital, has expertise in engineering and technology management, have a vital role to play in determining the potential for implementation and cost effectiveness of new medical technologies through technology assessment.
1. C-Arm (used for spine and ortho surgeries).
2. Microscope (used for neuro surgeries).
3. Endoscopy unit.
4. Microscope unit for ENT surgeries.
5. Advanced ventilators (ICU).
6. Advanced Ultrasound Scan and Echo machines.
7. Advanced modular OT facilities with high end equipments.
8. State of the art diagnostic equipment used for clinical laboratory.
9. Multipara Monitors.
The Biomedical Engineering department performs a wide image of functions which may be assigning to various unit of department. It is responsible for the operation of all equipments, machinery and repair.